The Home Birth Class series is right for you if…
Sundays, April 19, 26, and May 3, 10am-1pm
*This series is ideal for families with due dates between June and August.
Location: The Sonatina Center, Suite U, 750 Central Ave, Dover, NH
Cost: $300 per family
Join us for this comprehensive childbirth education series created specifically for home birthers!
Home Birth Series Content
Preparing for the Postpartum Transition
- Communication and a new normal for you and your partner
- Caring for baby (sleep, feeding, diapering, cord care, bathing, newborn procedures)
- Caring for you
- Creating of a postpartum wellness plan
- The baby blues and signs and symptoms of postpartum mood disorders
- Connecting with other new parents
Pregnancy and Intuitive Preparation for Birth
- Nutrition for you and baby
- Optimal fetal positioning for an easier birth
- Common pregnancy discomforts
- Fear in labor and the fight or flight response and ways to work with fear
- The roles of hormones in labor
- Stages and phases of labor
Labor & Comfort for You & Your Birth Partner
- Building your birth team
- Communication and decision-making with your team
- Comfort measures for each part of labor
- Ways your partner can verbally support you
- Ways your partner can help when the going gets tough
- Setting up your home
- Creating a hospital transfer plan
Comprehensive Homebirth Education for the Seacoast of NH and southern ME
We know you probably have some fears, anxieties, and a lot of questions about your pregnancy and your upcoming birth. As certified and experienced birth doulas and childbirth educators, we have a lot of information, guidance, and encouragement to offer. We’ve created this series so that you will be prepared for whatever may come your way on the day your child is born and the days immediately after.
We believe that childbirth education should be comprehensive, interactive, and fun. This series will offer you a wealth of good information, help you develop a toolbox of effective comfort techniques, help your partner gain confidence in supporting you, and provide you with knowledge of the birth process so you can trust labor and trust yourself. We want you to leave this series with great information as well as excitement about this momentous occasion in your life!
The class will take place in a comfortable setting, and with a few other couples in the series, you will have the opportunity to meet other parents-to-be who have a similar vision for their births while still being in an intimate enough setting to ask questions and practice hands-on techniques.
We have seen what a profound impact birthing experiences can have on the rest of a family’s life together and, through this home birth class series, we strive to help families prepare for a birth experience in which they feel strong, confident, and trusted. ~ Taylor & Jo