VBAC for Doulas: A WorkshopKnowledge, skills, and support to help you support VBAC families with confidence
Are you overwhelmed and uncertain about supporting VBAC clients?
Understanding the evidence behind VBAC and repeat cesarean and feeling confident helping your clients navigate this unique journey is important. As a doula, doula trainer, and VBAC mom myself, I have spent years learning as much as possible about VBAC and working with dozens of VBAC families. I want to share this with you because your clients need you.
In this workshop, you will:
- Learn the history and evidence on VBAC and repeat cesarean and understand myths vs. facts
- Learn how to get the 411 on VBAC options in your area build tools for navigating local hospital VBAC policies
- Learn ideas for attracting VBAC clients to your services
- Understand how to help clients assess provider fit and support them to switch providers if necessary
- Learn tips for prenatal visits with VBAC clients
- Learn how to help VBAC clients create their VBAC birth plan or VBAC birth preferences list
- Understand common sticking points for VBAC hopefuls and how to help them through those challenges
- Understand how to help VBAC clients navigate due dates and induction
- Learn ideal labor support for VBAC families
- Understand options for family-centered cesarean birth and learn how to prepare your VBAC clients for the possibility of a repeat cesarean
The workshop will include an e-workbook and time for Q & A.
Sunday, June 28, 10am-1pm online
“My partner and I were conflicted with having a repeat c-section or a VBAC. We leaned on Taylor’s experience and knowledge in the space to help us evaluate the risks, evaluate some fears with better knowledge, and feel more confident in our decision and preparation for a successful VBAC. What really stands out is Taylor’s knowledge in this space. Not only did she have knowledge based on experience as a mother of three and a doula, but she backed her answers with data, reports, and studies, that were reassuring to us data nerds. It was so valuable that she educated us on our options, the risks and the rewards” – Stephanie, 2019
Supporting families as they embark on their VBAC journeys is one of my favorites parts of being a doula. But I’ve met many doulas who feel uncertain about providing excellent VBAC support. As a VBAC mom, certified birth doula, doula trainer, childbirth educator, ICAN leader, and VBAC mentor, I have a wealth of knowledge and experience that I bring to my work with VBAC families. I’ve created this workshop to share that knowledge with doulas because VBAC families need you and I want you to be prepared and confident.
“We really profited from Taylor’s VBAC workshop because we learned useful statistics and evidenced based information, but also because Taylor is innately empathetic. We felt that she was able to hear us, and tailor her content for our needs. She wasn’t trying to push any agenda, but rather give us the support and information that we needed to move forward in the VBAC process that was right for us. Taylor is definitely the right advocate to have on your side!” – Sarah & Michal